Innocent Spouse 

/Innocent Spouse 
Innocent Spouse 2018-07-30T02:15:31+00:00

IRS Innocent Spouse Relief


If the IRS is coming after you for tax debt that started when you filed a joint return with a spouse, and you don’t know what your spouse did, Fidelity Tax Relief encourages you to call to see if you qualify for innocent spouse relief. What will matter is whether you knew about your spouse not reporting income, or taking improper deductions – or even if you knew about the income not reported, whether you knew where the income came from. Your case will hinge on gathering the right facts, structuring them into a valid case, and presenting evidence to prove your assertions, something better done with the help of competent professionals like Fidelity Tax Relief.

When you sign a tax return to file jointly with a spouse, yes, the IRS holds both of you responsible to pay the tax – but if you both don’t pay the tax debt – then the IRS will come after each of you individually for the whole tax debt. It doesn’t matter whether you are now divorced and it doesn’t matter whether in the context of a divorce proceeding or in some other way, a state court says you are not responsible for the tax debt. The IRS is federal jurisdiction and ignores state proceedings when assessing or collecting federal income tax. If your spouse did something improper with the tax filing that led to the tax debt the IRS is now trying to collect from you, what you need specifically is IRS Innocent Spouse Relief.

The professionals at Fidelity Tax Relief are expert in interpreting your facts and circumstances to see if you have a shot at Innocent Spouse Relief. If you do, they know how to frame the facts and evidence into a compelling case to present on your behalf to the IRS. You just talk to Fidelity Tax Relief; we talk to the IRS so you don’t have to.

Income tax trouble does not solve itself. With interest and penalties it only gets worse.

If you call us, we will explain to you the nature of your tax problem and the strategies you can use to resolve it permanently so it no longer threatens your economic life.

You may decide to ask us to resolve your problem for you; to deal with the IRS so you don’t have to – but that will be your decision to make after you clearly understand what we will do to help you, how we will do it and how much it will cost.

Give us a call for a free consultation at 800-293-4036.