Unfiled Taxes

/Unfiled Taxes
Unfiled Taxes2018-07-30T02:13:07+00:00

If you have unfiled tax returns, you are not alone. While the reasons vary, one of the most common reasons why this happens is that the person might be worried that they can’t pay the taxes due. This is a mistake that needs to be corrected immediately. If you are not able to pay the taxes, the IRS offers different options. But, you must be in compliance for the IRS to negotiate with you.

If you need to file a prior tax year or multiple years of tax returns, you want to ensure that the return is as accurate as possible. Often if you have not filed your tax returns the IRS will file a Substitute for Return (SFR) for you. The SFR will not take into account any non-standard deductions you are entitled to.

Some taxpayers may not know how to go about getting a past due return filed, especially without information they may no longer have. They think that it is impossible to get the returns filed but that is not true. We can get the returns filed for you by working closely with top accounts that can prepare the returns from the information you have plus the information we obtain from the IRS.

One thing you need to know about filing an unfiled tax return or even multiple years is that the sooner you file your taxes the better off things are going to be. You do however need to protect yourself and have a plan.

The sooner you file your late tax returns and pay your current year tax bill, the sooner we can work out a solution to your tax problems with the IRS. Don’t let unfilled tax returns paralyze you.

If you have unfiled taxes call one of our tax experts at 800-293-4036. They can help you get back on track with your taxes.